Skip to main content

HOME_DECORATION: Looking for inspiration...bedroom colours






I'm about to change the colours of my bedroom, so tried to figure out which colours could look great.
This inspired me to create an inspiration board so this is the first one just took it with my smart phone in my bedroom.
Added some family pictures, shades of grey pantones my grey linen curtains and on top some cushion's.
Sure would love to find these for in my bedroom (picture from pinterest):

For selecting the right colours it's always difficult to imagine the final colour on your wall , but I find the small pantone sample cards very handy.
So far I only found them in the Dutch DYI stores where you can find everything for re-store your home and garden,  I love to wonder around among all these ideas and nice things.
In Italy you have the Brico centres but they aren't that various with their assortment, the ones you find in Holland are really extreme big and full of inspiration.
If you find yourself at the paint dept. you'll be able to select a huge amount of small paper colour samples which you can tear of of and bring back home to check if the colours look right, once chosen you just go to any other shop and have them produced exactly that colour.

I always like to play around with more then one colour , just try to paint one wall in a complete different and contrasting colour the effect is amazing.
I really love the above colour pallet but would need something completely different if I intend to change a bit.
We all have the habit to go back to what we usually do or choose so every now and then we just need to break through and go for something different.

Found the below colour pallet on Pinterest and it gives me peace and a clear mind while looking at it.
Could be the right mood I like for my future bedroom.




created by Martine


Comments